With giosg’s Video Call, personal face-to-face conversations become a part of your online experience and your customers feel more connected with your brand and more confident in their buying decisions.
Downloading the giosg app
- Download the giosg app from the App Store on your iOS device, or Google Play Store on your Android device.
Logging in and notifications
- Launch the giosg app and log in with your giosg chat credentials.
- When logging in for the first time on iOS:
- Select ALLOW push notifications
- When logging in for the first time on Android:
- Select ALLOW to take pictures and record video and audio
- Enable giosg calling account in your phone by selecting OPEN SETTINGS
- Select ALLOW to manage and make phone calls
Going online and chatting
- Click “Start” to go online when you want be available for your website visitors.
- When you have pressed start, you will get notified when a new chat starts.
- Click “Stop” to go offline.
Starting a call
The agent's side
- A notification appears on your screen that lets you
know there is a call waiting.
- Accept the call by clicking on the green phone.
- Allow the use of your microphone and camera.
The visitor's side
- The visitor initiates the call by clicking a button on your website.
- When the call starts, the visitor is asked to allow use of microphone and camera.
- Using the camera is optional, meaning that the visitor can stay anonymous.
Starting a call from a chat
- You can always convert a chat conversation to a video (or audio) call.
- Click on the camera icon at the top right corner of the screen when chatting in the giosg app to start a call.
- You can go back to the text chat by clicking the minimize icon at the top right corner.
Receiving a call
- When you are receiving a call, you will see a notification on your phone.
- The notification is showing until someone in your organisation picks up the call.
How to video chat
- Both the agent and the visitor can choose if they want to have the camera on.
- During your call, you can choose to turn on your camera, change its direction or mute your microphone.
- Settings for the video call can be found at the bottom of the screen.
- giosg script 2.0
Giosg’s video capabilities work with our updated script.
- Smartphones from mid-range to high-end
Some low-end phones don’t necessarily meet the technical requirements for our video solutions. In order to ensure the working service, a mid-range to high-end smartphones should be used.
- Latest Android & iOS version
In the pilot phase, we have focused on creating a fully working and compatible solution when using the newest phones in the market. To ensure the best possible user experience, please use the latest Android or iOS version in your mobile device.
Rule of thumb! Smartphone models available within 18 months work.