In the giosg console, click Settings → Chat windows to create new chat windows and edit existing ones. You can edit the texts and position, as well as add your logo to the chat window.
The chat window that is used in a domain is determined from Settings →Rooms → Choose domain → Chat window dropdown menu (in the Chat settings section).
If needed you can make changes in the design of the window, by clicking "Open style editor" (Settings → Chat windows → Choose window) . Here you can edit the css styles of the window.
Please note that giosg is not responsible for customisations made to the chat window. Our recommendation is to stay to the default window, as only that is widely tested and supported by us.
You can customise the looks of your chat window and match it with your brand colors. Here’s how:
- Go to Settings > Chat windows and select the chat window you wish to edit. Alternatively, you may go to Settings > Rooms and click the chat window you have in use in a chat room.
- Click “Open style editor” on the right side of the page.
- The two elements we recommend to change the colors for are: .giosg-chat-agent-message and .giosg-chat-message-send-button . Find these elements in the CSS editor and change the colour code for the background.
- Click save from the top right corner of the page.
Using custom fonts
The chat window is composed of two parts. The outer part is on the website the visitor is currently on. The inner part is a iframe loaded from the giosg servers. For the outer part you can use any fonts that are already loaded on the page.
If you want to use custom fonts for the elements in the iframe (such as in the chat messages) you need to add the font-face declarations under the iframe template (Settings → Chat windows → Choose window → Open style editor). You might need to allow the font's to be loaded from the service.giosg.com domain. You can also upload the fonts to the giosg assets (Settings → Assets) in your account and use those urls in your font-face declaration.
Testing the window while customising it
There is a preview of the window in the Style editor, but it is also possible to test the chat (and chat window) in your own test environment. To add your test domain to the giosg account:
- Add the giosg script tag (Settings → Company → Script tag, or here) to your test environment
- Add your test domain to the giosg console by going to Settings → Domains → Add a new domain (more info about adding domains here)
- Create a new chat window from Settings → Chat windows and start editing it.
- Choose which chat window to use in the test environment. In Settings → Rooms, choose your test domain and select the window you've created in the chat window menu.